REA AMM-HF1 Mod Monitor FS on e-pay

where to get parts for building your own transmitter.

REA AMM-HF1 Mod Monitor FS on e-pay

Postby K6IC » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:04 pm

This link was posted on AmForum site, but for those who missed it ...

REA AMM-HF1 Mod Monitor FS on e-pay. Wish I did e-pay.

Cannot make the direct e-pay link work, SSOOO here is the llink to the AMForum post (hope this is Kosher) :

http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=21346.0

73 GL Vic
K6IC

Re: REA AMM-HF1 Mod Monitor FS on e-pay

Postby kf1z » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:41 pm

That'll go for at least $500 I bet !
kf1z
Senior Contributer

Postby K6IC » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:36 am

Hi Bruce,

Bet U are correct. quite possibly will go for more than original price. Two-days + to go and at $405. now.

Someone here, or on AMFone was looking for one. I'd like to find one ... Think that Steve could sell more, but the hassles of shortish production runs probably makes the task or building more, a bit daunting.

73 Have fun wiht your projects, Bruce. Vic
K6IC

Postby kf1z » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:29 pm

Ok Vic,

Yup, a few more would sell for sure....

Is the only reason you're not grabbing that on on ebay... that you don't like using ebay?
Just curious....

I remember seeing an ad on QTH, or Eham, or one of those sites someone was looking for one.

I know someone over hear in new england just picked one up from a local fellow...

The parts got expensive, and in order for Steve to actually make any $ on them, they have to sell for a minimum of $600+

I think if he thought there was enough interest at that kind of figure, he'd make another run.
But, enough interest means 100 units have to sell fairly quickly!

That one on ebay is already very near it's origional price...
He said it's 3 years old, so he paid either $399 or $459 for it, plus $75 for the off air pickup.

It''l go for nearly $600..... there was already a bid for $579, but looks like that person changed their minds...

anyhow... it'll be fun 10-20 years from now to see them pop up from time to time as "vintage AM test gear"!! :D
kf1z
Senior Contributer

Postby K6IC » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:20 pm

Hi Bruce,

... "Is the only reason you're not grabbing that on on ebay... that you don't like using ebay?
Just curious.... "

Two reasons I'm not an e-bayer ;

1. I do not like autions. "How much do you want for it ?" is much more my style. If I wanted a mystery, I'd read a book.

2. Seems to be a den of thieves, mixed with some real, and honest folks. Another mystery that I do not want to get good at unraveling.

SSOOOO just do not go there.

Thanks for the info, think the listing said new price was $599.00, BUT that might not have been the price paid by the seller. 73 Vic
K6IC

Postby kf1z » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:46 pm

Vic,

Understood on the ebay thing.... it isn't for everyone, that's for sure.
Myself, I love it!

I have only gotten burned once, for $35 soundcard.. after 30 days went by, and still hadn't recieved it, paypla got my money back in less than a week....
So I guess I should say, I didn't get burned..... just "inconvenienced".

Bought and sold several hundred items, some great deals, some just ok.

Anyway, that is what it is...

Yes, I saw the $599 in his listing, but if he bought it 3 years ago, he didn't pay that much...
That price has only been on there about 1 year...

But, I wouldn't fault him for that, because the replacement value really IS $599.. assuming it's still in great shape, that is.

By the way....
Have you managed to get an E-rig together yet?
I've lost track, and lost touch with a few guys building these days, and get curious how the projects are coming along :?:
kf1z
Senior Contributer

Postby K6IC » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:10 pm

OK Bruce,

Fine on f-bay ... yea another part of my porb is with feepal and e-pay itself. Am sure that I miss a lot, that is why usually do NOT look.

Am still collecting parts -- SLOWLY. Am doing more infrastructure construction still. The rush before the winter is on. And we have fairly nice weather til November, and the rains do not start in ernest until January (usually). So we have a shorter indoor season than you NorEsters, err New Englanrers.

73 Thanks for the info, and may start burning up parts in a couple of months or so. C U L Vic
K6IC

Return to Parts and Sources