International Rectifier News

where to get parts for building your own transmitter.

International Rectifier News

Postby Tom WA3KLR » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:09 pm

I just received this e-mail from DigiKey:

International Rectifier sells its Power Control Systems business to Vishay Intertechnology

Dear Customer:

On November 9 2006, International Rectifier Corporation announced that it had entered into definitive agreements to sell its Power Control Systems (PCS) business to Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. Products include International Rectifier's high-voltage discrete planar MOSFETs, discrete diodes and rectifiers, discrete thyristors, and automotive modules and assemblies. The transaction is scheduled to close on April 2, 2007, pending completion of all necessary pre-closing steps, including required governmental reviews.

During this pre-closing period, Vishay and IR are working together to make the transition of the PCS business from IR to Vishay as seamless as possible. Digi-Key's goal, first and foremost, is to ensure that you experience no disruption in your order placement and fulfillment. During this pre-closing period, IR will continue to operate the PCS business as it has in the past, and you can expect to receive the same quality products and service to which you have become accustomed. Vishay commits to honor all orders with promised ship dates in backlog as of the transfer date, under the order terms and pricing.

After the closing, all outstanding orders will be filled by Vishay. The PCS business will continue as you have known it with Vishay continuing to provide dedicated service and responsiveness along with superior products to Digi-Key and our customers.

The name has changed. Everything else remains the same
• Same world-class quality products
• Same dedication by Digi-Key to stock one of the industry's largest inventories of Vishay product.
• Same Product Lines.
• Former IR part numbers and Digi-Key part numbers will remain the same.
Tom WA3KLR AMI #77
Tom WA3KLR

Postby frank carcia » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:37 pm

Vishay makes some good stuff but I bet they will drop a lot of part numers. When they bought siliconix they dropped most of the line after a while.
I think someone bought IXYS also if I remember.
frank carcia
Senior Contributer

Postby N9NEO » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:50 am

Are you sure the takeover date isn't April 1?

Thats too bad. Vishay sucks at customer service.

When I worked for ABB in the mid 80s ABB semiconductor bought Ixys. A week or so later we got the news that Ixys had turned tables on ABB and ended up with our semiconductor division. Not sure how these things work - I just hope it wasn't Vishay who ended up with Ixys. If so we can kiss em both goodbye.

Bob
N9NEO
Class E Enthusiast

Return to Parts and Sources