Fairchild Mosfets

where to get parts for building your own transmitter.

Fairchild Mosfets

Postby N9NEO » Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:19 pm

I met with Fairchild rep last week. She said they are going on allocation, and lead times going out. I have seen this with Agilent opto too. Don't know how this will effect specific sources like Digi-key or your favorite vendor. If you've been putting off buying those mosfets maybe now is good time.

Allocation is good news. Industry is picking up.

Bob
N9NEO
Class E Enthusiast

Getting FETs

Postby steve_qix » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:04 am

This has been the problem with the Fairchilds since they came on the market :-). I have placed two orders, directly with the rep for Fairchild. One order took 13 weeks, and the other took 15 weeks. I currently have an order outstanding, which I ordered about a month ago, which is due to arrive in Feb. or March '04!

What is happening, according to the applications engineer at Fairchild, is that the Korean manufacturing plants are eating these FETs up as fast as Fairchild can make them. They will consume 100% of the production, and the FETs are made in Korea, giving these local manufacturing operations an "in".

Do any of the stand resellers actually have the parts (like Digikey, etc?) I have not checked for quite a while.

Regards,

Steve
Visit the class E web site at:

http://www.classeradio.com
steve_qix
Class E Guru

Newark

Postby ke1gf » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:13 pm

I believe that newark has them... they're about $3/ea

-Bill KE1GF
ke1gf
Young Brainiac