Back on the bench

Welcome and feel free to ask questions about class E, mosfet's, and AM.
You must be registered to post.

Back on the bench

Postby Brent » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:29 pm

Its that time of year...hope everyone had a great sumer!
I finally got around to replacing the sequencer in the big 20 fet rig.
W2DRZ sells a sweet sequencer I have used in a couple of the rigs I have built.
http://www.w2drz.ramcoinc.com/ordering.htm

My homemade one was acting up and this made the repair quick.

See some of you guys this Friday at the Hosstraders hamfest in Deerfield, NH.

73 Brent W1IA
Brent
PT Cruiser Tina

Postby frank carcia » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:12 pm

Brent,
I have been driving the simulator and drawing pctures of a new QRO I'm playing with. New layout easier to do and easier to service. Also have a simulation of a H modulator DC coupled closed loop that will modulate the 75 meter final. It works out to about 25 KHz. Might build it if I find the right heat sink. gfz
frank carcia
Senior Contributer

Postby Brent » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:51 pm

frank carcia wrote:Brent,
I have been driving the simulator and drawing pctures of a new QRO I'm playing with. New layout easier to do and easier to service. Also have a simulation of a H modulator DC coupled closed loop that will modulate the 75 meter final. It works out to about 25 KHz. Might build it if I find the right heat sink. gfz

Coool Frank...I can't wait to see the work. It was great seeing you at Nearfest. I got lots of work to do on the bench and maybe tommorow I will start getting the hardline spool off the ground and uncoiled. I made up a make-shift forklift for my bucket loader; so I am going to run a sched #40 aluminum pipe throught the rotted spool and tie one end of the spool and back the machine down the driveway to uncoil it.

Then I can use the bucket to cut into the lawn to make the shallow trench for the PVC pipe and get the run installed out to the back of the property.

Brent
Brent
PT Cruiser Tina

Return to Class E Discussion