Technical Expertise... K7DYY/JR 75M D Rig

Welcome and feel free to ask questions about class E, mosfet's, and AM.
You must be registered to post.

Technical Expertise... K7DYY/JR 75M D Rig

Postby N3LRX » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:10 pm

I have a K7DYY/JR transmitter for 75M. It's all built, and hopefully ready to go. But I don't have the eyeballs or the steady hand to go through check and patch up my slobber job!

That's the reason I've opted to build a QIX Big Rig too.. I can see what's going on and don't need a microscope to check my solder work!

At this point I'm not sure if it works or not. I'd like it to! But I don't have the guts to juice it up I'm afraid it might smoke! It's cost me a ton more than expected to build so I'd hate to see it go to waste.

It's 95% done apart from some wiring and small hardware which I have, I just haven't attached it yet.

Anyone willing to take on the challenge of getting this thing running for me? I can pay shipping to and fro and a little for your time but after dishing out nearly a grand the past few weeks to build 2 E Rigs I'm not rich! LOL

The majority of it is all 0805 sized SMD some a bit larger, some is standard thru hole. But 99.9% of the board work is done. It's only a matter of soldering on a few pieces I didn't want to break off while working on it.

It needs to be bench tested and minor tuning. Once it's working I'll mount it in a box but right now it's not mounted in anything. I've got heat sinks, and the like to bench test it. I've got all the provided documentation as well.

If you can get it working you're more than welcome to play with it for a little while so I can hear what it sounds like!

Any takers?

TNX!
73 DE Randy N3LRX
You can't spell HAM without AM!
N3LRX

Return to Class E Discussion