Phase Shift Rig Documentation

Welcome and feel free to ask questions about class E, mosfet's, and AM.
You must be registered to post.

Phase Shift Rig Documentation

Postby N9NEO » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:47 pm

There is a bunch of information at a yahoo group called phaseX. The site has just been made public for anyone who might be interested. Some patent issues kept site from being made wide open before now. I think you can just log onto site. If not just get hold of Art - K3XF and he will tell you how to locate site.

A rig was built that does 160m and modulates by using a phase shifting technique. The RF deck and modulator have been combined into one stage.

I have gotten a 'best I ever heard' audio report while talking across town here on 1w using a D104 wide open. Very poor audio report on 4 watts of carrier from WA2CYT & Frank a few weeks ago. I expect the problem has been taken care of with a grunge plane and some minor tweaking. Did get a few hundred watts out of thing before I finally smoked it. A wire fell off the mosfet and left the gate hanging in the breeze.

Anyway, this is just FYI, and very experimental. I have left some readme files in the neomod folder in the files section. There is also a pic in the photo section. There's actually enough information to build one of these things including artworks - but you are on your own. You can build for your own ham radio use if you want.

NEO-later
Bob
N9NEO
Class E Enthusiast

Postby KC3OL » Thu May 05, 2005 7:02 am

It sounds interesting but I am unable to find a Yahoo group called PhaseX.
KC3OL

Sorry

Postby N9NEO » Thu May 05, 2005 11:41 am

I sent Email to Art. I asked him to post a link to site.

regards,
Bob
N9NEO
Class E Enthusiast

Return to Class E Discussion