Killed by a parasitic?

Welcome and feel free to ask questions about class E, mosfet's, and AM.
You must be registered to post.

Killed by a parasitic?

Postby N9NEO » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:54 am

Was all set for a qso last night. A real nice bunch in there. Was told my audio sucks (heheh) and I just went down 20. About the same time smelt some plastic burning.

I melted the solder holding the back to back zener protection on the left Fet gate. I had too much drive goin on, or

perhaps it was one of those nasty little parasitics everyone's been talkin bout. It's my own fault. I left the shack door wide open.

I'll be back with some full strap on, and I'll bring some more audio too.

See ya in a week or so.

73
NEO
User avatar
N9NEO
Class E Enthusiast
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:52 am
Location: Uxbridge MA

Return to Class E Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron